Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sociopath

A sociopath is defined as a person, as a psychopathic personality, whose behavior is antisocial and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.

Today I was called a sociopath and at first I just laughed it off and thought nothing about it. But as the day went on and this lingered in the back of my mind it slowly began to make me think. Am I really a sociopath? And why would this person think that I am? So I had to do some investigating.

So my research led to to find out that sociopath gets its origins from psychopathy. Psychopathy is defined as a mental disorder in which an individual manifests amoral and antisocial behavior, lack of ability to love or establish meaningful personal relationships, extreme egocentricity, failure to learn from experience. Psychopaths can be broken down into five Interpersonal traits.

• Glib and superficial
• Egocentric and grandiose
• Lack of remorse or guilt
• Lack of empathy
• Deceitful and manipulative
• Shallow emotions

After reading about all these traits I have figured out that I have two of them. I am glib and superficial and very deceitful and manipulative. Psychopaths are often witty and articulate. They can be amusing and entertaining conversationalists, ready with a quick and clever comeback, and can tell unlikely but convincing stories that cast themselves in a good light. They can be very effective in presenting themselves well and are often very likable and charming. Lying, deceiving and manipulation are natural talents for psychopaths. Given their glibness and the facility with which they lie, it is not surprising that psychopaths successfully cheat, bilk, defraud, con and manipulate people and have not the slightest compunction about doing so. That basically describes me in a nutshell. So after this I have come to the conclusion that I am a partial sociopath. Whether that is a bad thing or not I don't know but I like who I am and I would never change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment