Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Money

I have always had a fascination for money. Not just because of its worth and what it can do for you. I have always been interested in collecting it. I know some people around the world make fun of Canada's money but I like it. It is nice to have colorful money. It makes your wallet look better and is just easier to tell how much you have when all your bills don't look the same. It's a shame that we no longer have $1000 dollar bills. I know that they aren't the most practical bill to use but just the prestige you feel when you hold one in your hand.

$50 dollar bills have always been my favourite. I think mainly because of this one. I remember seeing my first $50 dollar bill as a kid and being memorized by it. It was the bright red color and the picture of the R.C.M.P. musical ride depicted on the back that I loved.

Eventually they would change but my love for the $50 never did. It has always been my favourite and that won't ever change. Money is getting more sophisticated over the years. Now they have a bunch of different security features from holograms to Water mark pictures. Once again our money is changing. Soon we will bet getting new polymer bills that are more durable and harder to counterfeit. I look forward to the new bills and can't wait to add a $50 dollar bill to my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment