Sunday, June 5, 2011

Frogs

This is my new frog. My mom gave him to me today. I haven't named him yet but I love him. He has a bad ass look on his face as if to say "don't mess with me." He is a Guiro and really sounds like a frog. He has found his place in my room and every time I look at him I will think of my mom and how much I love her. I don't know how or when my fascination with frogs began but I know that I was very little. I know one of my very first words was frog except I was so little I wasn't able to pronounce it properly so instead of frog it came out as "fuck." I can only imagine the look on my moms face the first time I came bouncing down the stairs repeating "fuck, fuck, fuck" over and over again. She must have been mortified that your sweet little boy was using such language, but when she sat me down and figured out that I was trying to say frog she had a good laugh. So I guess that is the humble beginning to my liking of frogs. I think it's a great story to tell.

My room is filled with all things frogs. They are just another thing I like to collect. Every one has a story behind them. Most of them are gifts from my mom. I am her little toad and she likes to bring me presents to remind me that she loves me and I cherish every single one I have. They surround me as I lay in my bed. I just look around at each one and smile. But they aren't just in my room. I also have a frog tattoo that carries a special story of it's own and every now and then I catch a glimpse of it in the mirror and it just makes me smile. It is a reminder of all the special people in my life that love me.

No comments:

Post a Comment