Wednesday, May 11, 2011

iCoke

So a few days after Coke turns 125 and a morning spent cashing in iCoke points I sit here writing a blog about it. I can't tell you the very first time I ever had a Coke to drink or when my obsession with all things Coca-Cola related started, but I do know that it has been going on for awhile now. I have to admit that now that I am older it is not as bad as it used to be. Back in the days when I was a hardcore coke collector My room used to be like walking into a Coca-Cola museum. If you could name it chances are I had it. From the old and authentic to the modern day replicas. I think at one point I had over 200 different bottles or cans of Coke from all over the world to special edition ones.

Sure Coke isn't the healthiest thing that you can drink. It is far from it, but nothing can beat its taste or how it quenches your thirst on a really hot summer day. I can easily admit that it is my addiction of choice. If you know me you know that I am never too far away from my next Coke.

But this post isn't about all that, it is more about the iCoke points I have collected. I can't give you a total number of how many I have accumulated over the years, I never bothered to keep track. But I know it is close to a million. I never keep them that long. Like money I think they are more valuable being used then just sitting in a bank or in this case on a screen. I have spent them on everything you can. From free movie tickets to Fallout Boy concert tickets and even Soccer tickets. But there latest promotion is by far my favourite. Get a Coke get a song. I have taken full advantage of this one so much so that I have found a way around their 10 song per week maximum. As I look through my iPhone 4 I see that at the present moment I have downloaded 97 songs for free. My goal is to be at 100 by the end of the day. I should be able to manage that. Song 98 is being consumed as I write this and its only half way through the day. That's not bad for just doing something that is already a part of my daily life.




No comments:

Post a Comment