Saturday, August 6, 2011

Dettifoss

I have found a new destination to add to the places I want to travel too or see. The Dettifoss waterfalls in Iceland. I stumbled across this photo and knew I had to see these. I have always heard about how beautiful it is in Iceland and have always wanted to go there. Now I have a destination when I get there. Waterfalls are one of those things in nature that always captivate you and take your breath away. This one does it for me more than any other one.

 It is the most powerful waterfall in Europe. They are one hundred meters wide with a forty five meter drop into the Jökulsárgljúfur canyon. To me it looks like they just disappear into the centre of the earth. Swallowed up by mother nature. I can't wait to be standing on the edge of them. Hearing the roar of the water as it rushes by, smelling the freshness of the water and feeling the mist spraying in the face. I just have to decide if I want to go in the summer or winter. I think I would enjoy in more in the winter seeing the surrounding land covered by snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment