Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Cliff Walk & Cleveland Dam



Capilano Suspension Bridge round two. This time I went with my sister and yet again it was another great day. We decided to leave the Cliffwalk for last and headed over the bridge. Of course I was a little shaky crossing the bridge and had a run in with a crazy chick trying to shake the bridge. So not cool but I made it over safely. We walked around the boardwalk and up through the tree top adventure. It was her first time there since they had been built and it inspired the two of us to decided to design playgrounds. I know it's a weird place to decide on a career change but it got us thinking about our childhood and all the playgrounds we use to climb on and all the forts we use to build. Basically we think playgrounds today suck and don't challenge kids physically or mentally. Everything has got to be safe so every ones "precious" kids don't get hurt. Getting hurt is a part of being a kid and growing up. So we want to build playgrounds that do just that. Let kids climb, fall and be creative. So after our inspiring walk through the trees we headed back over the bridge and right as I get to the middle I looked up to see Matt Damon right in front of me. I shook his had and said hello but wasn't going to stay on the bridge to talk to him. Next up it was the Cliffwalk. It had only been two weeks since I had first done it and I was excited to share it with my sister. The two of us are both scared of heights but we realized that our fears differ. For some reason the bridge really freaks me out but my sister is fine on it, but when it comes to the Cliffwalk we are the opposite. She was freaked out yet I was calm. After the Cliffwalk we drove up to the Cleveland Dam. This was my first time up there and as soon as I got out of the car I fell in love with Vancouver all over again. The sheer beauty of the place we call home is breathtaking. As I looked over the edge of the dam I froze with fear. I honestly have to say that I had never been more scared in my life. Something about all the rushing water combined with the height sent terror through my body. But I managed to lean over long enough to get a good look and even snap a picture. It was the perfect day spent with my big sister who I admire and look up to. I love you and can't wait until our next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment