Sunday, October 21, 2012

I Love John Deere

So on my trip I had the privilege of going on a tour of the John Deere West Des Monies Works factory. I can honestly say that those two hours are some of the greatest of my life. I was beyond a kid in a candy store. If you know me you understand. My dad is a small engine mechanic who works on John Deere's all the time. So I grew up around them and he passed his love of these beautiful machines down to me. So you can start to get the picture. I was wide eyed and all ears as i went through this factory. I used all five of my senses to take everything in. I didn't want to miss a thing. I can close my eyes and picture everything in my mind. The sights the sounds even the smells of the different areas. We had the two best tour guides ever, Herald and George. Two old retired John Deere workers who knew "almost" everything there is to know. Too give you an idea of what there are like our tour started with them arguing over who got to drive the tractor this time. Yes we were pulled around by a tractor as we rode in hay waggons. I'm sure I sound like a total nerd but I don't care.

This is Sprayatron and he is a transformer. He is total 100% bad ass and you wouldn't want to run into him anywhere. He is probably one of my favourite pieces of John Deere equipment. Just the way he looks makes you think he is going to transform and destroy something. It was cool to see him getting made starting from just a bunch on blocks of steel all the way into this. I want one of these so bad. It would be awesome to be able to climb up his stairs and take him for a drive. I would never want to get out of him. I would bring a pillow and sleeping bad and live in him forever. Together we would take over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment