Sunday, April 10, 2011

Black soul

I know you are there. I can feel you, sense you. You are all around me, slowly closing in on me. I know you are pushing me, seeing how close you can get before I cower to you. I catch all the little games you are playing. The shadows I see or the sounds you make, the chills you send through the room. How you invade my dreams and fill them with terrible things, horrors that no one could ever imagine. Is this a glimpse into the world that awaits me? Maybe I will be lost wandering around helplessly in this abyss. I know you have been here a long time. Always at a distance, just a blur out of the corner of my eye. I have never been able to make out your face, but as you get closer your features begin to get defined. I know that soon I will be looking you in the eye.

I am different from the rest and you know it. Does that frustrate you? I have never backed down from you, never given in or feared you. Maybe that is what attracts you to me. I am what you are not, what you never were and never will be. You come to try and steal me to make yourself stronger, more powerful. You see the darkness inside me and want to make it your own. You are lost in that abyss desperately trying to confuse and weaken me enough to drag me in with you. If you succeed I will be lost forever and will be yours for the taking.You can lurk in the dark forever but you will never have any power over me. I will never back down and will never let you defeat me.

No comments:

Post a Comment